Visit beautiful Cornwall
The Jolly Sailor in Looe is an ideal base for exploring beautiful Cornwall and the many attractions and sights it has to offer. Whether you’re interested in exploring the distinctive culture of the peninsula, it’s extreme geography or if you’re looking for a fun day out with the kids there’s surely something to satisfy you within a short journey of our doorstep. And there’s always the warm welcome of the Jolly at the end of the day.
Places to visit and things to do in Cornwall
- Polperro – Tiny, picturesque harbour village – 4 miles away
- Fowey – Harbour town and home of the Daphne Du Maurier writing festival – 24 miles away
- Newquay – Party town and surfing mecca – 37 miles away
- Truro – The capital city of Cornwall – 42 miles away
- St. Ives – Mecca for artists and home of the Tate Gallery – 63 miles away
- Looe – our very own sandy beach! – 1 mile away
- Whitsand Bay – wonderful, wide open sandy beach – 13 miles away
- Watergate Bay – home of Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen restaurant – 37 miles away
- Fistral – Newquay’s premier surfing beach – 38 miles away
- Sennen – beautiful beach near Land’s End – 73 miles away
- The National Marine Aquarium – Plymouth – 22 miles away
- The Eden Project – World renowned ‘biomes’ housing their own climate and plants – 22 miles away
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan – beautifully landscaped gardens – 31 miles away
- Tintagel – reputedly the location of Camelot – 36 miles away
- The Tate Gallery St. Ives – modern art gallery – 63 miles away
- St. Michael’s Mount – iconic Cornish house and estate set on an island – 63 miles away
- Land’s End – eponymous end of the country (or is it the start?) – 74 miles away
And so much more..!
There are many, many more exciting things to see and do in Cornwall, the above is just a small sample. For a more complete guide to the tourist opportunities in the county head over to the Visit Cornwall website.
Events in Cornwall
The below feed of what’s on in Cornwall is kindly provided by the Visit Cornwall website. Head over to their site for a wider look at things to do and see whilst your visiting our beautiful county.